We offer guided tours at two popular Maine canoeing destinations: Allagash River and Penobscot River.
Allagash River Canoeing Adventure
Paddle the historic Allagash River, Maine’s most famous wilderness river Waterway! In 1969 The Allagash River was designated as a National Wild and Scenic River to protect and preserve this beautiful watershed for all who appreciate the wilderness.
There is a great trip for fishing, flat water, quick water and class II white water paddling, wildlife viewing, and photography. There are 80 designated campsites that are well maintained and designed. Each site has a campfire ring, picnic table, and outhouse. No fire permits are needed and fires are only permitted in the fire ring at the site.
Camping and canoeing experience are required for a self-guided trip. You can, however, hire one of our excellent Maine guides to lead you down the river. The Allagash river trip with North America Guide Services is a complete guided all-inclusive trip.
Trips, distances, and recommended duration:
- Chamberlain to Allagash Village 94 miles, 8-10 days
- From Indian Stream 83 miles, 7 days
- From Churchill Lake 64 miles, 6-7 days
- From Long Lake Thoroughfare 51 miles, 5 days
- Henderson Bridge to Allagash Village 33 miles, 2 to 4 days
Pricing per person, fully outfitted and guided (trips can accomodate up to 12 people):
- Four Day Trip: $799.00 per person
- Six Day Trip: $999.00 per person
- Eight Day Trip: $1395.00 per person
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway Camping Fees: Resident $6.00 / Non – Resident $12.00 per night
- North Maine Woods charges a one time access fee: Resident $7.00 / Non – Resident $12.00
- Chase Rapids: For a fee of $10.00, a ranger will shuttle your gear and canoe around the rapids.
- Allagash Wilderness Waterway has special regulations on group sizes and boat dimensions, please visit their site for details: http://www.maine.gov/dacf/parks/water_activities/aww-river-conditions.shtml
|Chamberlain Lake||Lock Dam||10|
|Lock Dam||Allagash Lake||9|
|Churchill Dam||Umsaskis Lake||9|
|Umsaskis Lake||Long Lake Dam||11|
|Long Lake||Round Pond||10|
|Round Pond||Michaud Farm||15|
|Michaud Farm||Allagash Falls||3|
|Allagash Falls||Twin Brook||8|
|Twin Brook||Allagash Village||6|
|Chamberlain Lake||Allagash Village||98|
Penobscot River Canoeing Adventure
With a trip that can last 2-7 days, this is our most popular overnight canoe trip! This trip offers something for the entire family including; canoeing, kayaking, hiking, fishing, camping, exploring, photography, and sightseeing.
Starting at Roll Dam on the Penobscot River, you’ll paddle downstream to remote wilderness campsites on the river and Lobster and Chesuncook lakes.
Each site has picnic tables, a fire rings and are positioned in beautiful wilderness settings. You’ll find many of the best wildlife viewing opportunities for moose, loons, deer, many species of ducks, eagles, on this canoe trip graced with beautiful views of Mt. Katahdin. The Maine moose frequents this watershed in search of the abundant aquatic plant growth so sightings on the river trip are common.
$240.00 per day per person